Module 1: Style!
Module 2: Wanted Content
Module 3: How to Edit
Module 4: S.E.O.
Module 5: Smart Social Promotion
Module 6: Building Your Email List
How to Promote Your Content Effectively
Smart Social Promotion is a Game Changer
ONCE ONLY SOCIAL PROMOTION
- Most Bloggers *Post on Facebook & Twitter Once* and think that social promotion is complete!!
- Then as Bloggers, we wonder "Why am I not gaining lots of followers & traffic to my blog?"
- What happens then? Well, Bloggers move onto the next post and that's it!
a Social Promotion Strategy
- There are three steps to making your Social Promotion work.
- Know *when* to post
- how to *Schedule*
- How to Promote the same piece of content *multiple times* giving your audience new value with each post
You will learn [3 topics]
- Topic 1: Figure Out the *Best Time to Promote* on Social Media
- Topic 2: *Automate* your Social Media Scheduling
- Topic 3: Create *Multiple Valuable Social Updates* for a Single Piece of Content
Don't Underestimate Social Promotion
“If you write a post that 1,000 people read, chances are there are another 1,000,000 people in the world that could use that same article"
Figure out the Best Time to Post (How to do it on Instagram)
Squarelovin is a social media tool for Instagram that has free and paid elements. We can register to create an account that will allow us to get the insight that we need to establish the best times for us to post on Instagram.
1. Setup a Free Account on SquareLovin
2. Add your Instagram Account and add the time zone that best suits your audience
3. Click on your Account and click Optimisation
4. Note the Best Days of the Week to Post and the Best Times
The larger green circles indicate the best times to post to get interactions. Our audience is a mixture of Ireland & UK and the USA so this skews our best times to post a little. As Carlos Gil in Episode 60 says "Social Media Never Sleeps". This is especially true if your blog is multi time zone.
- List Your Best times to Post
Our Best Days to Publish on Instagram:
Our Best Times to Publish Daily on Instagram
Our Best Times of the week to Publish for Interactions on Instagram
- Monday 10pm
- Tuesday 1am,
- Wednesday 5am, 9am and 12pm
- Friday 11pm
- Saturday 12pm
- Sunday 6pm and 11pm
Part 2: Automate your Social Media Scheduling (Worth the Small Cost)
Automation of social media can be awful for your brand and your audience if it is done poorly. In saying that, when done well it can really grow your following.
Buffer is an option that costs $10 per month and allows you to automate posts to Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram Reminders, Google+ and LinkedIn.
Add the best times to post for your Social Media following and upload your content.
Another option is to look at using MeetEdgar which is $49 per month. The amazing part of this tool is that you can create Social Media categories and have content scheduled for specific times. Once a piece of content has been added, the tool then stores it and recycles your content on a random loop meaning that your always providing content.
This works well because Social Media updates dissipate after half an hour for the most part.
There is a small cost to automating your social media, this is worth it because of the time it saves you building your brand. But you must have a monetization goal in play.
Part 3: Create Multiple Social Updates for a Single Piece of Content
Rather than just use one image and the headline for your social media updates, create 3-5 images and pull out different elements of value for your audience.
This means that members of your audience might see promotion for the same content on different platforms or even the same one and take value from both social media updates.
Checkout the promotion of our podcast with the Instagram Expert Sue B.Zimmerman All of out Twitter and Facebook updates have different images and text that adds alternative value from the same piece of content. This helps get more followers consume your content.
To help you stay on track with your editing in the future, download our checklist!
[Your Action] What to do!
- Step 1: Figure out the *best time to post for one of your social media platforms*
- Step 2: Create *3 images of promotion* for one piece of content and schedule it to be published this week (automated or manually)
[Done the Work??] Prove it!!
- Tweet us and tell us which you setup your digital notebook
[spp-tweet tweet=" I know the optimum time to post to social media thanks to #30MinBlogger"]
- Email 3 Promotion Images to Us!
Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org